This page describes the Kojo contribution (development) workflow.
This is a work in progress. Let me know if you run into problems with any step.
The basic workflow is:
- Fork the kojo repo.
- Make a clone.
- Start working on the default branch (do not create a new branch).
- Keep checking in and pushing your stuff as required.
- Keep pulling (and merging) stuff from the default branch on the kojo repo.
- When you are ready to contribute your feature, make sure you are in sync with the default branch on the kojo repo (do a pull/merge if you are not), and then send me a Pull request.
As you work on a feature, if you concurrently want to work on another new (biggish) feature, do the basic workflow (defined above) all over again with a new fork.
If on the other hand, you want to provide a quick/small fix for an issue that you have discovered (or provide a smallish feature), do the following:
- create a new bookmark (you can think of a bookmark as a temporary branch with a name).
- update your workspace to the bookmark.
- make the fix.
- make sure you are in sync with the kojo trunk (do a pull/merge if you are not).
- push your bookmark to your remote (fork).
- send me a Pull request (with the changeset information for the bookmark)
- update your workspace to your default head.
- delete your bookmark (if you want) after your pull request has been merged.