You need to follow these instructions if you were using Kojo Version 111209-4 or earlier, and have upgraded to Version 261209-1 or later.
Note - you can determine the version of Kojo that you are running by clicking on the Help->About Menu item. Kojo version numbers are dates plus a number - in the form DDMMYY-number (DateMonthYear-Number).
If you were using Kojo Version 111209-4 or earlier, and if you have upgraded to Version 261209-1 or later, you might not see the Script Editor Window when you start up Kojo. To get around this problem, you need to:
- Reset your Windows by clicking on the 'Windows->Reset Windows' Menu item. If this fixes your problem, great - your're done. If not, read on…
- Click on the 'Window->Script Editor' Menu item to make your Script Editor visible. Then drag your Windows around so that you have the Script Editor on the bottom left, the Output Pane on the bottom right, and the Turtle Canvas on the top. If you're able to make this work, great - you're done. If not, read on…
- Determine your Kojo user directory. You can do this by bringing up the About window (via Help->About) and looking at the Userdir entry right at the bottom. On Microsoft Windows, your Kojo user directory will be something like: C:\Users\lalit\.kojo\dev
- Go into the .kojo directory and rename the dev subdirectory to dev.old (using, for example, Windows Explorer on Microsoft Windows)
- Restart Kojo. This will create a new .kojo\dev directory for you and should fix any problems you might have encountered after upgrading Kojo.
- If you want to recover your Kojo command history, you need to copy two files located at .kojo\dev.old\config\ : history.txt and starts.txt - into .kojo\dev\config